- Thursday’s game against South Ripley was a heartbreaker for Chargers, as they lost the lead late in a 7-5 defeat. South Ripley was down 3-2 in the top of the fifth inning when Brooklyn Brown tripled on a 1-1 count, scoring three runs.
- Chargers notched three runs in the fourth inning. Keesha Crosland had an RBI double in the inning to lead the run scoring.
- Ellie Waldron pitched South Ripley to victory. The hurler allowed five hits and five runs over six and a third innings, striking out nine. Mady Tompkins threw two-thirds of an inning in relief out of the bullpen. Tompkins recorded the last two outs to earn the save for South Ripley.
- Crosland took the loss for Chargers. The pitcher lasted seven innings, allowing ten hits and seven runs while striking out 14.
- Kennedy Stier led Chargers with two hits in four at bats. Kayln Muckerhide led Chargers with two stolen bases, as they ran wild on the base paths with four stolen bases.
- South Ripley racked up ten hits. Emily Campbell, Waldron, Tompkins, and Brown each had multiple hits for South Ripley.
Post Ad 2