The Decatur County REMC Community Trust committee recently met to review Operation Roundup
grant requests. The committee awarded nine local organizations a total of $14,500 in grant funds from the
Decatur County REMC Community Trust. Organizations receiving awards include:
- Vernon Township Volunteer Fire Department – $2,500 to replace water rescue
- Otter Creek Township Volunteer Fire Department -$2,500 to replace and purchase new
lights for helmets and jackets.
- Decatur County Community Schools – $2,000 to purchase emergency response guides for
each classroom in four school buildings.
- Heart of the Tree City, Inc. DBA Main Street Greensburg -$1,000 funding to support and
further develop the Facade Improvement Program for business properties in the historical
- Wreaths Across Ripley County – $2,000 funding to assist with costs of purchasing
wreaths to put on veteran’s graves on National Wreath Day.
- Ripley County Humane Society – $500 to use toward expenses associated with
veterinarian costs/bills which are not recoverable through adoption fees.
- Decatur County Sheriff’s Department -$1,000 to help fund the purchase of a Polaris
Ranger for use with numerous functions.
- Decatur County Family YMCA -$500 to help fund lights for the outside community
- Covenant Resources Miscarriage Ministry -$2,500 to help pay expenses associated with
creating this non-profit. Funding to help get miscarriage supply totes into facilities and
educating families regarding their options.
Decatur County REMC is proud to support our communities. One of our cooperative principles is
Concern for the Community, and our members demonstrate their commitment to giving back and making
an impact through this program.
Operation Roundup is a member-funded program established to support local charitable organizations
serving Decatur County REMC members and communities. When Decatur County REMC members
round up their bill to the next whole dollar each month, they are making a direct impact in their
community. With Decatur County REMC’s Operation Roundup, a little change can do a lot. Since the
program was established in 1999, Decatur County REMC has awarded 323 grants totaling over $594,000.
Operation Roundup information and grant applications can be found on the DCREMC website,
dcremc.com. Non-profit organizations may apply for the next grant cycle by January 31, 2024.