- North Decatur Chargers Varsity Claims Lead In Sixth Inning To Defeat Southwestern
- North Decatur Chargers Varsity defeated Southwestern 5-1 on Monday after taking the lead late in the game. The game was tied at one with North Decatur Chargers Varsity batting in the top of the sixth when Jacob Mirick drew a walk, scoring one run.
- In the first inning, Southwestern got their offense started when William Stockdale singled on a 1-2 count, scoring one run.
- Brayden Hancock pitched North Decatur Chargers Varsity to victory. The pitcher surrendered one run on four hits over six and two-thirds innings, striking out six. Mirick threw one-third of an inning in relief out of the bullpen.
- Adam Traylor took the loss for Southwestern. The bulldog surrendered three runs on two hits over one-third of an inning.
- Jordan Deatley started the game for Southwestern. The pitcher went five innings, allowing zero runs on one hit, striking out nine and walking zero
- James Evans went 2-for-3 at the plate to lead North Decatur Chargers Varsity in hits. North Decatur Chargers Varsity didn’t commit a single error in the field. Reid Messer had eight chances in the field, the most on the team.
Post Ad 2